Nine Finalists to Compete for Over $15,000 in cash and prizes
Harriston, April 10, 2017:
Nine finalists will compete for over $15,000 in cash and prizes in the 6th Annual Pitch It! Minto Business Plan Competition. The purpose of “Pitch It!” is to encourage small business growth in Minto and to increase awareness of the resources available to businesses in the community. The competition is geared towards entrepreneurs that wish to open, purchase, expand or re-locate a business within the Town of Minto.
“We are thrilled with the interest in the PitchIt! Competition this year, it goes to show that businesses are interested in starting and growing their businesses in Minto” said Belinda Wick-Graham, Business & Economic Manager at the Town of Minto.
The nine finalists include:
- Jeweled Secrets owned by Jane Langella from Clifford
- Harriston Preschool owned by Joy Murray from Harriston
- Shrimp Canada owned by Ranjan Prahan, which will be located in the Palmerston Industrial Park
- Old to New Hair Salon owned by Rebecca McFarlane from Harriston
- Incus Forge owned by Ivan Thoma from Minto Township
- Minto Consignment owned by Adam Begin and Carley Atkinson from Palmerston
- Escape the Old Post owned by Michael and Sue Hendrick from Harriston
- Alpaca Time owned by Deb Griffey from Minto Township
- Ag. Business & Crop Inc. owned by Felix and Bernice Weber from Palmerston
The finalists will now be required to attend one of two sessions on starting or growing their business. Following their sessions they will write a full business plan and present to a panel of judges on June 5, 2017. The Winner will be announced at the Town of Minto Council Meeting on June 21, 2017.
Questions regarding the competition can be directed to Belinda Wick-Graham at 519-338-2511 ext. 241 or email@example.com